If you are joining me here today from Encouragement for Today from Proverbs 31 Ministries…welcome! If you enjoyed today’s devotion, please click on the envelop above to receive my encouraging posts through out your week.
Writing today’s devotion on mean girls coming from mean mamas wasn’t the funnest for me. Who wants to tell on themselves? It is so true; our children are watching every move we make. They can spot a hypocritie faster than I can spot a bargain in TJMaxx! The saying, “do as I say not as I do” just isn’t going to work with this generation.
Today I read in Jentezen Franklin’s Fasting Journal “…you should fast for your little ones, your children. God said that you can raise up a foundation for many generations by fasting. Some thing begins to happen in the home of people who fast. The house of faith is built, and it extends from generation to generation to generation.”
I have to say this is so true. Last year, I, along with thousands of other people across America, participated in a corporate 21 day fast in January which was started by Free Chapel Church. I chose a word that I was going to pray for my family in 2011; I wanted to see God bring freedom to me and my family.
In December, one of my daughters asked me if I was going to fast again this year because she wanted to join me. My other daughter than wanted to and my husband as well! I never asked one of them to join me. I believe that they saw God move in my life and want to see God do a new and fresh work in their lives as well.
What is something fresh you can do with your kids to pour into their lives God’s truth?
Here are a few of the things I do or have done in the past:
* Read devotions to them while they are eating their breakfast
* Begin a Bible study with them and a few of their closest girl friends. Right now, we’re studying “His Revolutionary Love“.
* Pick out a book. Each of you read a chapter each week and then meet over a Starbuck’s; discussing it together.
* Choose one verse a week that you can learn together. Post it all over your house; saying it several times a day.
* Attend a mother/daughter conference together. Check and see if a “Revolutionary Love” conference is coming near you!
You are the biggest influence in the life of your child! Take advantage of it!
Today I’m giving away a signed copy of “His Revolutionary Love” as well as my CD “Building a Bridge to Your Child’s Heart”. To be entered to win, just click comment below and share one way you share Christ’s love with your child and if you’re in a hurry, just say “I’m in!” Be sure to leave your email so I can contact you. I’ll share the winner on my Friday post.