It’s a word that has come to be connected with rings and signed commitments.
It’s so much more than that.
Dictionary.com defines purity as: the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes.
I put the emphasis on anything.
That anything includes materialism, attention seeking, selfish motives…anything that contaminates a heart; drawing it away from God’s.
So, while that includes purity in the sexual sense, it encompasses so much more.
There is no better way I love to spend a Saturday then pouring truth into the hearts of hundreds of girls attending a “His Revolutionary Love” conference.
Here I challenge girls to pursue a pure life style in friendships, dating…daily living.
Pure living is the best living because of these top 5 benefits.
When I choose to live a wise life, I:
1) free my mind and heart of consequence worries
2) protect my greatest asset – my heart
3) position myself to receive God’s best, whatever He determines that to be
4) write a story I can be proud to share with my kids one day
5) invite others to live purely too, simply by watching my decisions
When I don’t choose to live a wise life, it doesn’t:
1) make me damaged goods
2) mean I’ll be messed up for the rest of my life
3) make God mad it me
4) mean I’ll never be freed of shame
5) give others the excuse to copy me
More than anything, I want God’s best for my kids. It’s a selfish thing, really. I don’t want them to suffer painful consequences that can be avoided when God’s best is available.
So, I teach and then I pray and then I watch as they make their life and decide.