13 million kids will be bullied in the US this year in school.
Our kids think teasing is just normal. They don’t see their sarcastic tweet about what she did last night as bullying. Their covert posts seem benign to them, yet everyone knows who they are putting down.
It’s not ok to bully…for any reason. It’s not ok to call someone names. Not at school; not on the internet. Not in a text; not in a tweet. Not to a friend; not to an enemy. Not what’s true; not a lie.
The internet has given our kids bravery in the worst sort of way. Things they would never have enough guts to say to someone’s face, are proudly typed out on a screen.
Let’s teach our kids: think twice about the things you say and the things you type.
Literally, read it twice and wonder:
What if I put this post on Jesus’ Facebook page? Would He be good with it? If my text accidently went to Jesus, would that be alright? If Jesus followed me on Twitter, would He be proud or ashamed?
Everything word spoken, written, typed or texted – needs to honor him. Let’s teach our kids: be careful with the words you choose.
Would you like to bring the “Revolutionary Love” to your city? We are booking for fall! Head to www.LynnCowell.com and click on “Speaking” for more information!
His Revolutionary Love Conference helps teens:
- Create confidence leading to a higher self-worth by discovering Christ’s life-altering love.
- Make choices that lead to a fruitful future, rather than a victim of emotionally-based decisions.
- Shift faith in Jesus from just a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
- Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
- Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a manner that’s healthy and positive.