If you are joining me here today from Proverbs 31 Ministries’ Encouragement for Today, welcome! Let’s continue to connect, ok? It’s easy! Just sign up to get my blog posts automatically by clicking here.
Loving like Jesus loves! What a challenge!
Yet, it is a challenge, really a command, that He has equipped us for. With the power of the Holy Spirit living inside of us and with the Word of God to give us clear direction, we have exactly what we need.
Here are 21 Ways We Can Love Others:
- Turn the sound off our phones and set it out of sight when having a conversation.
- Listen; giving 100% of our undivided attention.
- Don’t rush others.
- Send a text telling someone how important they are to you.
- Give a gift that says, “I know you and am thinking of you!”
- Send a hand-written card in the mail.
- Help a friend clean her house.
- Give the gift of loyalty, promising to never gossip about them. Let them know.
- Share a strength you see in her life.
- Look a person without a home in the eye, acknowledging their value.
- Express to a friend you will never give up on them.
- Be a hugger.
- Be honest even when it is uncomfortable.
- Give the gift of an afternoon of relaxation.
- Extend love when someone has disappointed you.
- Pray with a friend immediately when they ask for prayer.
- Text an encouraging verse.
- Write out a prayer and put it where they will find it.
- Share with them a quality in their life that makes you a better person.
- Take the humble route in an argument.
- Share your favorite pick-me-up verse with someone who is down.
Today, I am giving away a “Love Bundle” which includes: a necklace and heart box, an “I Love You” mug and a copy of His Revolutionary Love: Jesus’ Radical Pursuit of You, Devotions for a Revolutionary Year and Magnetic: Becoming the Girl He Wants to one commenter.
To be entered for a chance to win, please share below one way you will choose to love this week. If you are short of time, just say, “I’m in!” The winner will be announced Wednesday in my Wednesday Wisdom Tip.